When the hot weather arrives or after a hearty meal, it's not uncommon to crave a fresh and light dessert. Fruit salads are often a popular choice. What if you could turn this simple dessert into a festive one by combining fruits and champagne? Our De Lozey house offers you 2 recipes for fruit salads with De Lozey champagne. A dessert that will delight all gourmets.
- Cooking fruits with champagne
- Recipes for fruit salads with champagne
- Which champagne pairs well with a fruit salad?
Cooking fruits with champagne
Many recipes suggest cooking fruits with champagne. Champagne often has fruity notes, which makes it pair perfectly with fruits. For example, our De Lozey Extra Brut Blanc de Noirs champagne, 100% Pinot Noir, releases notes of red fruits. Currants, cherries, raspberries—these primary fruity and slightly acidic notes pair perfectly with fruit salads made with melon or peaches.
Similarly, don't hesitate to combine champagne with exotic fruits. The acidity of one complements the sweetness of the other wonderfully. Lastly, fruits and champagne work well together in cocktails. At De Lozey, we appreciate the finesse of our champagnes in cocktails. In fact, we've listed the best champagne-based cocktails.
Recipes for fruit salads with champagne
Since some people are more indulgent than others, we wanted to please everyone. So, we're not offering just one recipe, but two recipes for fruit salads with champagne from our De Lozey house for you to make. The first is a simple fruit salad, and the other is a fruit salad with De Lozey champagne sabayon.
The fruit salad with champagne
In this recipe, we suggest a variety of fruits. Naturally, you can make it with any fruits you like, depending on your preferences and, most importantly, the season.
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 orange
- 1 green apple
- 1 peach
- 100g raspberries
- 20 cl De Lozey Rosé de Saignée champagne
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- Heat the champagne for 3 minutes in a saucepan with the sugar and let it cool.
- Place all the peeled and quartered fruits in a bowl and pour the liquid over them. An alternative could be to mix the fruits with the champagne as soon as it's poured.
Let the salad rest in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
The sabayon fruit salad
Preparation and cooking time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for 6 people:
- 1 Victoria pineapple
- 1 mango
- Raspberries: 50g
- 2 passion fruits
- 80g granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 35g granulated sugar
- 125g mascarpone
- 25 cl heavy cream
- 10g powdered sugar
- 10 cl De Lozey Rosé de Saignée champagne
- Peel all the fruits and cut them into 1 cm dice. Remove the seeds from the passion fruits and cut them into several pieces.
- Caramelize the sugar in a pan. When it's done but still liquid, add the fruit pieces and sauté them.
- Mix the eggs with the sugar to obtain a very compact foam (sabayon). Whip the cream until firm. Whisk the mascarpone before gently incorporating it into the sabayon. Finally, incorporate the whipped cream. Smooth the mascarpone with a whisk, then incorporate it into the sabayon, and then gently add the whipped cream. Once everything is homogeneous, pour in the De Lozey Rosé de Saignée champagne and mix gently.
- Place the caramelized fruits in a glass. Once cooled, cover them with the sabayon. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and caramelize with a torch.
Which champagne pairs well with a fruit salad?
And now, it's time to serve your fruit salad for dessert. It's certain that at the end of the meal, champagne is most welcome. Of course, we can only recommend sweet champagnes.
Among our De Lozey champagnes, the one that pairs best with fruits is our De Lozey Rosé de Saignée champagne. With 10 grams of sugar per liter and notes of cherries and strawberries, it will suit all palates.
However, for those who aren't fans of rosé champagnes, a De Lozey Blanc de Blancs champagne will be perfect. At the extreme, a zero-dosage champagne like our Cuvée du Dimanche with fine bubbles and delicate fruitiness will also create a beautiful harmony between fruits and champagne.
Now you know everything and can enjoy our fruit salad recipes. Nevertheless, you can pair champagne and fruits in various ways. So, if you want to know all about De Lozey champagne and fruit pairings, we invite you to read our article on summer fruits paired with champagnes, the best pairings. This article will help you navigate and draw some basic principles for successful tastings.